Sunday, May 19, 2013

weekend

Saturday.  Was really not feeling it today, and I think it shows.  Did not give a toss if I looked nice today or not.  Really didn't.  Scraping motivation from the bottom of the barrel.  I guess we all have days like this from time to time.
min 10C, max 21C, mostly fine

Details:
Top; the hoodie from Pattern Magic 3, blue knit, details here
Skirt; Vogue 1247, re-fashioned from a pair of navy blue corduroy jeans, details here
Jacket; Simplicity 4698, re-fashioned from a moss-green woollen wrap, details here
Shoes; Enrico Antinori, from Zomp shoes

Saturday night; a night at the ballet got me inspired to get glam.  Craig took a piccie of me at the theatre on his phone but the quality was so excruciatingly bad that I cannot inflict that yellow blurry awfulness on you ... however here are the components of my outfit.
Dress; Vogue 1087, red knit, details here
Coat; McCalls 5525, ivory cotton with satin lining, details here

In family me-mades, Sam was wearing this hoodie today

Sam's hoodie, self drafted, blue./grey knit, details and my tutorial for making that hood here

Sunday: and it's back to not giving a toss... but feeling pretty comfy with it  :)  Today is a beautiful day, sunny and warm.  I got cooking, tidying and minor gardening done, and some sewing too which always puts me in a good mood.
min 10C, max 22C, fine and sunny

Details:
Shirt; Burda 7767 modified, chambray, details here and my review of this pattern here
Skirt; based loosely on Vogue 1247, and re-fashioned from another skirt Vogue 8561, details here
Shoes; Bronx, from Zomp shoes

Sam is again wearing this hoodie... good ol' Sam!

Sam's hoodie, self-drafted, blue jersey. details here

16 comments:

  1. Hope Sienna is recovering and the lump is not serious. You look very relaxed and comfy in your outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carolyn. If those pictures of you are examples of what you look like when you don't care, oh my. Cameras have self destructed when I have attempted to take a photo of me when I don't care. You look lovely.

    I don't know why I don't hate you.♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is because you miss your side-kick Sienna. You always look happiest when out walking with her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carolyn, hope your cloud has lifted. We all have days (or more) like that but oh, you still look good! I know I am dragging when I neglect accessories, or leave my old polish on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your look on the day you just didn't care! That soft jacket is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fantastic even when you don't care? That's depressing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The red dress is gorgeous! I love Sam´s hoodie, comfy and casual!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still in love with that cord skirt, that is a really useful item. I have been making a skirt but have some sizing issues at the moment - I can take it off without unzipping it!! Glad you liked the crochet cardigan Jo x

    http://joeveryday19.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. We know that looks can be deceiving, but would that I looked HALF as good as you on days that I "don't give a toss"

    And I still love your refashioned cardi :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree w/ Jilly Be! :) You look good regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look effortlessly great even when you're feeling so-so.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You still look fabulous, even when you're in kind of blue... Your family is well dressed too. He may have been grabbing the shot for his cell phone, he should know that you are a fabulous photographer on your own.

    Looks wonderful, hope you feel up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you don't have bad days, how can you appreciate a good day other than by comparing it to a bad day. But your looks are deceiving...you look good regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't believe how fabulous you look on a 'don't give a toss day'. My such days involve holey jogging bottoms and a twenty eight year old cardigan (Chelsea Girl for those that remember!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember that green jacket...and the red dress of course. As the last commenter remarked, you do manage to look pretty good in spite of not trying. Must be genetic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so enjoying your daily MMM posts - lovely clothes, lovely photos! I hope I'll have such a varied, beautifully me-made wardrobe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete