Saturday, January 19, 2013

Un-stashing

How awesome is this Sew-asaurus Rex??!!!!!

I'm sorry, but this button is just too cool to pass up and I just had to have it on my blog... well, anime, you see.  Renders me helpless to resist.  Fortunately it has a great sewing-related concept behind it too....   oh I'm so in.
This is the brainchild of emsewcrazy at Tumbleweeds in The Wind and Cindy at Cation Designs, and the artwork is by Jen Sy.

I've committed to using at least two pieces of fabric from the stash per month, for the year.  Hmmm, OK.  I'm sure I can gather the strength to cut into and potentially ruin 24 pieces of my lovely fabric ... eek!     And do I even have 24 pieces of fabric??
One also has the option of abstaining from purchasing any new stuff too...  well I'll give that one my best shot but definitely no promises there.  Well, what if I see something utterly awesome????

We have monthly themes to work to.  Ordinarily I kinda suck at themes; any sort of sewing to someone else's say-so actually.  But January's theme is itty bitty stuff, like using up the little itty bitty bits and pieces of leftover fabric in your stash that are not enough for a full project by themselves.  Well, a good quarter of my wardrobe probably comes from scraps and bits of leftover fabric, so I'm pretty happy to go with that one!
In fact I churned through the bits and bobs part of my stash during the week; came up with some likely looking candidates and got a-snippin' and a-clippin' : results very soon .... stay tuned!

Some housekeeping notes: for several months now, and still; I am having a whole world of trouble with leaving comments on some Wordpress blogs... if you might reasonably expect some return comments from me, then please check your trash comments; mine may well have popped directly into there.  If you "un-spam" my comments then the problem should be fixed, for me too!

9 comments:

  1. Yea!!! So glad you decided to join us! I can't wait to see what you are making!! Glad to hear your thoughts on following themes. Glad this month's worked out for you. Don't worry though, if you don't want to follow the themes. They are just there to give some direction for those that want it and add an additional element of fun to the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I'll have to sign up too. I was looking at my stash in despair earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea but I know myself too well and I know I will buy more fabric and forget what is in the stash. I am in Melbourne for the Australian Tennis Open and I couldn't resist a visit to Tessuti Fabrics this morning, especially as there was a sale going on! Brisbane doesn't have a fabric shop like this, so it was pure heaven. All thoughts of "I am only going to look and not purchase" went straight out the window. I am going to look forward to seeing your stash projects and hopefully I will be inspired to get into my stash too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh. Tempting! I think I could do the 2 pieces of fabric a month from stash, but would fail miserably at the abstention!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've joined up too! I know what you mean about the not adding anric, nice idea but no promises!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've made my commitment too! It should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have the nerve to make a commitment on this level, but I must say those Itty Bits items look wonderful. I may just have to try some of those and empty out some of my shoe boxes (sorting bits by colour). Look forward to seeing what you produce - it's be amazing, I'm sure (no pressure...:-) ).

    ReplyDelete
  8. If it wasn't for the wedding, I'd be all over this one....maybe I can check it out mid-year. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just signed up for the challenge too! Thanks for the heads up! Don't know how I'll go with it though, as any time I try to get a lot of sewing done for myself, something else always comes along to take up my sewing time. Stash busting is something that I have as a goal for myself this year though, so I am in!

    ReplyDelete