Thursday, November 15, 2012

A pretty little thing

Cassie made a top.
I know, yes; it really does say handmade by me at the top of this blog and I did not make this lovely, but wait; there is a logical explanation...
I am posting it here mostly to show the fabudabulous Merche, because a short while ago she very generously sent Patrones no. 7 magazine over to me; muchísimas gracias Merche!  And Cassie's top is the first cab off the rank...   The pattern is number 20, a little camisole blouse with a shirred back and a shoestring strap threaded through the top of the bodice to gather it up.  It closes with an invisible zip in the side seam.  Cassie elected to cross over the straps at the back, but otherwise the blouse is made up just to pattern.
She used a very lightweight cotton from Potters Textiles; thank you to Vanessa for alerting me to the Potters sale last year!  This is the first time a Potters Textile has appeared on my blog here.  Ack-choolly....  :) this is the very first Patrones magazine I've got my clutches on, and the very first make from it, using the first piece of fabric I bought from Potters Textiles and the first time a Potters fabric has appeared here on the blog...  
So this pretty little top represents a veritable avalanche of firsts... woot!

Cassie also made her own skirt, using Butterick 5488 and cotton denim from Fabulous Fabrics.
 below left: t' back view, and below right; her invisible zips are looking pretty fantastic imo...

25 comments:

  1. Pretty indeed... a lovely top Cassie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Cassie! The outfit is fantastic. I really like the fabric she used for her camisole top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely outfit! What a wonderful gift the teaching of sewing is - I bet Cassie's friends often get envious she can make what she wants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Casey made pretty nice ourfit!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter is almost as clever as you Carolyn - the top is lovely. Luckily my daughter has inherited my love of sewing too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Cassie! It's cool you've shared this, I love her top and the fabulous printed fabric she chose as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great top and skirt Cassie, love the colours in the top.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She did a great job. The fit is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please tell me Cassie is left-handed!!? My daughter is, and seems to struggle with sewing! I thought if Cassie is left-handed as well, there could be hope for Jeanine. Any other left-handers out there got some encouragement for her?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, just beautiful. Like mother like daughter. You must be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very sweet! Cassie did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty on her and so well-made!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That´s a lot of firsts! Please tell Cassie I think she did a great job, and she looks beautiful with her new outfit.
    Lovely print!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely fabric. Fabudabulous - I've learned a new word!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good job! I think it's perfectly acceptable to share Cassie's makes ;) - you're just spreading the love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think they are both so lovely, and they suit Cassie very well.

    Well done, Cassie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is beautiful top made by a beautiful girl. You have a lot to be proud of. And besides through your loving hands, you taught Cassie how to sew. I'd say that's close to handmade by you. Have a great day.
    Mary Kay

    ReplyDelete
  18. great top and skirt made by Cassie - sadly my daughter is just not interested sob sob.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cassie did a great job. How lovely that she's following in your footsteps.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful outfit! I love the top and skirt Cassie made.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How lovely. The cross over straps are a good idea.
    The colours and style are perfect on Cassie.
    Talent definitely runs in your family :))

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great work Cassie. I wish my daughters would show a flicker of interest in sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very impressive invisible zipper - it's a great little top.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely top and so perfectly put together! I just have to say how much I enjoy seeing these photos of your beautiful daughter--so refreshing to see a young lady not all made-up exuding gentle confidence.

    ReplyDelete