Monday, April 23, 2012

On matters of the feet...

I went out shopping with my good friend J on the weekend, and ... well, a picture is worth a thousand words.... no?
In which case two pictures must be worth two thousand words...
Tres awesome, yes?  Now I am really looking forward to winter!
In the meantime; I am currently digging weird and ugly colours for the toenails.  Oh, did somebody say what's new?!
I got this fantastic murky olive shade by mixing three colours; gold, mint green and black.  I think it is perfect for autumn!
That reminds me of a funny little anecdote from my teenage years; a friend was talking about how C, (a boy in our class at school) had "the most awful colour eyes, like a murky horrible greeny brown colour, like a swamp, a really really yukky colour..." she stopped suddenly, leaning in closer to me, then "Hey, your eyes are exactly the same colour!"  
:D

18 comments:

  1. Cool boots! Very 'sophisticate at the rodeo'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an 'open mouth, insert foot' moment! Well, perhaps she needed to readjust her view of things; I'm sure you have beautiful eyes :) Great shoe buys too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shoes! Unfortunately I have said things in this vein! Unintentionally of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful boots! Acquisition of new boots is always a sign of being ready for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I about burst laughing.... what a way to insert foot into mouth! I've never seen green eyes that weren't beautiful though, I"m sure yours are quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I about burst laughing.... what a way to insert foot into mouth! I've never seen green eyes that weren't beautiful though, I"m sure yours are quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I about burst laughing.... what a way to insert foot into mouth! I've never seen green eyes that weren't beautiful though, I"m sure yours are quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. shoes....sigh. I love both new pairs. As for the comment made to you-that is so funny. She probably feels some embarrassment even now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice shoes. There is nothing like a new pair of shoes to give you a buzz!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Swampy eye color.... lol... Not that I think you have "swampy eyes"!

    Yay for shoe shopping, I mean can a girl really have too many shoes after all?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha, your toenails match your eyes and mine! In the States, we call that color "hazel."

    ReplyDelete
  12. All cute but ewwww love the boots! I just bought some sandals, I didn't own a pair and decided that they might be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those boots! Those boots! I would marry those boots and live happily ever after!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carolyn,
    Thank you for your message of condolence - very much appreciated.

    Have been catching up on the last few of your blog posts. Love the lace edged cardigan. Your pyjama bottoms look so cozy and comfortable and of course your new corduroy skirt - tres chic!
    I'll echo everyone else - cool boots!

    Who do you get to do your photo shoots?

    ReplyDelete