Monday, March 26, 2012

Peachy keen

I knew I should attempt to work this jacket into at least one day of the one-week-one-pattern challenge.  And today is the coolest day forecast for this week (27C) so I decided that today just had to be that day.  But confession time; I was a bit on the toasty side in this thing...  
But that one teensy gripe aside; my satisfaction with today's ensemble is pretty darn high.  Today I am feeling like the selection of Burda 7723 for my one pattern was real inspired; since on a day when I arbitrarily just fancied going a bit more dressy/pretty I could do so without breaking my own rules.  A big Yay! for sportswear patterns!  
Actually I do not wear this jacket enough, and I was glad of the excuse to pull it out again.  It is quaite naice, is it not? and I love its pretty peachy pinky colours.  Not to mention that it actually turned out to be a nicely-made jacket, if I say so myself; that I wouldn't even break into a sweat over another seamster having a close-up squizz at... :)  It went together easily, with all the seams meeting up just where they should.  And the sleeve caps are set in perfectly; my own personal barometer for judging how well a jacket or a shirt turned out.  The innards look as neat as the outer, and it all fits me very comfortably.  
This should all add up to the perfect little jacket; but for some reason I just do not wear it very much.  Maybe because the long-sleeved, cropped and fitted style feels just a tad "classic".  Office-y.  Am I the office-y sort...?  er no.
But push up those sleeves, problemmo solved!  Not only am I cooler temperature-wise, but Ah'm coooooler too.
You can tell I'm an 80's girl  ;)


Details:
Dress; Burda 8071, of ivory broderie anglais cheesecloth, see this dress style in 6 different ways here
Petticoat worn underneath (not seen); also Burda 8071, of champagne satin, details here
Jacket; Burda 7723, raw silk, details here
Shoes; Bronx, from Zomp shoes

15 comments:

  1. Lovely outfit and the jecket is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your jacket - it looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely, but 27 degrees is hot for any jacket! The dress is pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely jacket! You are certainly more creative with your outfits than I am this week...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love jackets as well. They just scream class unfortunately it is a little hard to mop floors and pull weeds in them so I tend not to wear them much preferring instead the more casual cardigan. I do like your colour combination today though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a latecomer to the pushing up the sleeves trick, but it does make a jacket seem more casual. What are those trees with the "wavy" trunks in the background?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look lovely - it's a cute little jacket (I'm kind of surprised your daughter hasn't nabbed it for herself).

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look lovely in this outfit! The jacket fits you wonderfully. Love the shoes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jacket looks so good and the color to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colour of the jacket. You certainly don't look overheated!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always look so lovely in white, and the peach jacket is a perfect spot of colour! :)
    Btw, if you give me your flickr name, I will invite you to the Family Fashion Archive, or you can go to the page and ask to join... (http://www.flickr.com/groups/1947777@N21/)

    ReplyDelete
  12. buy ambien online generic ambien safe - ambien high liver enzymes

    ReplyDelete
  13. generic valium online valium vs xanax stronger - cheap valium online india

    ReplyDelete
  14. buy ambien online ambien cr overdose amount - ambien order purchase

    ReplyDelete