Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Limoncello

Today I'm wearing (Surprise!)  shorts!  :D
But great colour, yes?  In a fresh and cool shade of acidic citrus yellow, like a shot glass of limoncello, that wickedly delicious stuff that is to my mind another synonym for "summer evening".
So, OK.  Playing one-week-one-pattern is fun, but I am feeling like there are no surprises here.  Nothing new, only a small pool of Burda 7723's from which to choose.  So I apologise for the repetition and lack of suspense happening here, and can only offer a (hopefully) quite nice outfit in a photograph of a (hopefully) pleasing perspective, colour and composition.   I have no idea whether or not that I am successful in this.
But I can only try.
Would you like to know the definition of a reeeeally funfun day?  Doing two hours worth of mind-numbingly dull accounting, only to suddenly wake up and realise you have been entering the year 2011 into Every.  Single.  One.
Hola!  (time to check out the actual limoncello situation, I reckon...)
In the meantime; the funny below gave me a big chuckle, so please enjoy...
Later peops!


Details:
Top; my own design, made from an old pair of chartreuse linen trousers, details here
Shorts; Burda 7723 with modifications, lemon yellow embroidered cotton, details here
Tassel and chain necklace; made by me, details here
Sandals; anna, from MarieClaire shoes
Nail varnish; BYS Fool's Paradise

16 comments:

  1. I really like the colour of those shorts. I have been seeing a lot of yellow around lately. It really isn't my colour but I still may have to invest in some yellow somewhere I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the term lemoncello to yellow. It reminds me it's cocktail o'clock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shorts. The top is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these shorts .. beautiful. Time is going just too quickly for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look lovely, as usual!
    I really enjoyed the cartoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your shorts! great cartoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah shorts, soon I will be wearing shorts and sunscreen, complaining about the heat and eating fresh cherries, apricots, peaches etc. Summer hurry up. But I ramble, my condolences on the accounting fumble. Good cartoon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute yellow shorts, great cartoon, and I want your pink hibiscus ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute shorts and LOL cartoon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is definitely a summer outfit and I love it! Mmmm... I want those sandals :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. the cartoon is a hoot. Next time you make an accounting error, please come for a visit...we have a great limoncello made locally.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cartoon is hilarious. I'm all about some yellow at the moment and I love limoncello!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Limoncello is fabulous and so are your shorts! Also that is a lovely color polish you have on your toes!

    Thanks for sharing the cartoon, I giggled!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That cartoon is hilarious!!! ugh, I've made mistakes like that too. Usually in my case followed by a lot of carrying on and crying, and perhaps some swearing. I like your solution better. :)

    And I'm loving all these versions of shorts. I might need to get 'round to figuring out a perfect shorts pattern (I have a worn out pair that fit great that I'm thinking of picking apart and using as a base) and then I think I too would make quite a few copies! Not boring at all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That cartoon is hilarious!!! ugh, I've made mistakes like that too. Usually in my case followed by a lot of carrying on and crying, and perhaps some swearing. I like your solution better. :)

    And I'm loving all these versions of shorts. I might need to get 'round to figuring out a perfect shorts pattern (I have a worn out pair that fit great that I'm thinking of picking apart and using as a base) and then I think I too would make quite a few copies! Not boring at all.

    ReplyDelete