Thursday, March 29, 2012

Just a splash of Colour...

So on what is yet another sunny sunny day (yeah, we do get lots of them here) I would normally head straight for the shadows away from that notoriously harsh Australian light that drains all colour and detail from my clothes and everything, but I knew these cheerfully intense colours were strong enough to stand up to the full force of the early morning sunlight.
I have been asked many times before if I touch up my photos or alter them, and I admit that in a photo like this I certainly do look as if I've stepped straight into cartoonland, but let me assure you right now that this is not an altered photo in any way.  Apart from my usual cropping, that is.  I like my photos to be square.  Yeah yeah.  Square, just like me....  :)
The second to last day of the one-week-one-pattern challenge, and I have worn all of my garments from the pattern Burda 7723... or have I??  
Hehe, stay tuned.... I might just have a surprise up my (voluminous orange) sleeve....


Details:
Top; Vogue 1247, orange shot cotton, details and my review of this pattern here
Shorts; Burda 7723, hot pink linen, details here
Sandals; Misano from MarieClaire shoes

21 comments:

  1. You've picked a lovely spot to wear this outfit Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours, makes me miss summer even more

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh will you please send your lovely WA weather east to Sydney? I've been struggling to photograph my pieces with the horrible weather we've been having! I am so behind...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bright colours under the sun! Love them!! And brave combination of pink and orange, love it too.
    I live in sunny south of Spain so we have a fair share of schorchio too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn, your pictures are always beautiful, but this one is outstanding.And I love orange!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you have gone for colour blocking with these fabulously bright colours. Terrific choice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, I have only just found this trick out. I could never understand why the definition was not in my clothing when I photographed in a sunny location. Now I try if I can to find a shady spot at this time of the year particularly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors in that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The zingy colours look great on a bold sunny day. You are completing this week long challenge with aplomb!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Rachel Coomey top in orange. Its a very original choice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another of your fantastic photos with fantastic colours, etc, etc. I'd never think to put orange and pink together, but these look great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great colours on you, and great colours of West Oz in that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. :D Jealous of your sunny sun! Great outfit, great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the outfit, of course especially the top, after all this one inspired me to try this pattern. Unfortunately not as successfully as you.

    This photograph is beautifully composed, really really great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! You look lovely. Love how the colors go with your skin, So summery!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely! Did you see you are one of the three featured members on burda style right now? Sam xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, those colors pop! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, those colors pop! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay...I have given you a shout out on my blog for one of those silly award things...but I really am glad that I found your blog and look forward to seeing everything you make. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an amazing technicolor photo.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a explosion of color!!! I love the picture and the outfit!

    ReplyDelete