Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Cat's eyes

(a mixture of BYS Mint Condition and Bright Light)
As soon as the weather warms up enough to bare the ol' tootsies I like to get some funky nail varnish on to my toenails.  The weirder and wilder the better.
This week I wanted something toxic.  Something urban and nuclear-waste.  Something neon and horrifically bad taste.  So I was sitting outside and painting this on when I was joined by a friendly and furry lovely in the mood for companionship.  She came purring over and flopped down beside me and as she blinked lazily at me it struck me that the crazy shade of my nail varnish exactly matched the golden-green luminosity of her eyes, how they appeared bathed in the reflected glow of warm sunlight off the bright new grass...  at once the colour became less toxic to my eyes and suddenly one that was rather lovely, natural and beautiful.  
... is there no such thing as an "un-natural" shade?

13 comments:

  1. I love that you are a matching pair. What a fab colour - lovin' that you mixed two together. And 'furry' is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful kitty cat! neon yellow may be somewhat natural, but what about neon pink? Maybe somewhere in the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God made all colors and all of them are blessed.
    Lovely cat. Which is her name?
    Mine is called "Bijou".
    She hasn't a breed, I picked her up in a car parking when she was a baby, but she seems a lot with a Maine Coon.
    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always just love when I take the time to paint my toenails... why I don't do it more often I don't know! Great color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colour, and a beatiful cat
    Envy your weather, here it's cold and raining, winter's not far away

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful colour - love the high tech mixing equipment as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great paint pallet...ice cream container lid is it? What flavour I wonder!

    I do this with my nail polish as well but usually when the bottle is getting low I dump one bottle into another to make an entire new shade, just like a lucky dip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wild color! I also like to surprise with color, in my very conservative neighborhood I don't have to to go too crazy to be out of the norm, anything bright gets me compliments or looks ! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm officially in love with your cat! She's such a beauty! Awesome nail color, too - and just in time for Hallowe'en... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never thought to mix nail varnish colours together - how daft am I? As for the cat... Going spare??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cat with beautiful eyes, beautiful nail colour. Beautiful post, really :-)

    ReplyDelete