Thursday, September 22, 2011

Back again

Hello.
I’m feeling a bit woolly-headed so I’m warmly rugged up and back to standing in a familiar place for self-stitched September today.  So I'm not feeling very imaginative.  But fortuitously so; I think the thickly clouded whiteness of sky, the smooth beige stretch of pale river sand and the glassy grey stillness of the river set off the rough tweedy textures and dull blue and rusty red colours in my (self-stitched) outfit quite well, no?
I’m going to squeeze a few lemons and consume some vitamin C now… later dudes.

Details:
Top; based on top “a” from Unique Clothes Any Way You Like by Natsuno Hiraiwa with a collar of my own design; blue shot cotton, details here
Jacket; the “wearing a square” design from Pattern Magic 2 by Tomoko Nakamichi; blue grey mystery fabric, details here
Skirt; Vogue 8363, rusty red wool and silk tweed, details here
Shoes; Francesco Morichetti, from Zomp shoes

11 comments:

  1. Your tights are fantastic Carolyn, I'd love a pair of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of this, but especially the tights with the rust colored skirt. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That jacket is so cute! Feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really really covet that jacket! Hope you feel much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you hate it when you go all winter well and get a cold just as the weather begins to improve? Good on you for fronting up to the camera though. I notice by your attire that spring perhaps is as slow to arrive in your neck of the woods as ours this year.

    I hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could send you some of our lovely weather, although maybe it is better to have wintery weather if a cold is threatening, more appropriate for snuggling up with a hot lemon drink and a nice book. I hope you feel better soon. Your outfit looks cosy and elegant - I do not know how you combine these effects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that tweedy skirt. And the photo is so nice-- all the red and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish I could look that good when I'm feeling low. Hope you pick up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the outfit combination today. Those dusty blues work really well with your skirt.

    Feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great look. Rewarding be head to two in hand made.

    ReplyDelete