Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thankyou

I just wanted to say a big heartfelt Thank You to all you kind people who left nice comments on my last post... as your kind words proved; the online sewing and fashion community is such a beautifully supportive and helpful community, isn't it? 
And just want to reassure you that the real life (not internet) "porky" insult levelled at me by my "friend" didn't hurt me so much for its content, as I do have many many faults for sure, but "porky" didn't really strike me at my heart all that deeply!  It was just the fact of being singled out for disdain that hurt.  Plus that I felt a wee bit humiliated, as you do.  This particular girl has said rude things before and obviously has a, shall we say, slight deficiency in etiquette, but is still part of a group I meet up with, so can't be avoided.  I'm sure everybody has experienced such people in their lives and understands what I mean.  I try to think of people like this as a little fly in the soup of life; a bit yucky when you come across them, but not bad enough to spoil the rest of the bowl.
 I wish I could gather us all together in one spot where we could sip tea, chat, and check out each others creations for real!  Wouldn't that be nice?

8 comments:

  1. Carolyn, I am sure your "friend" was jealous of how good that skirt looked on you!!! You (as well as the skirt) looked fantastic. One of my favorites of your LARGE collection of handmades. Keep on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carolyn, I love your personal style. Even though you say you're still defining it, I can definitely see a pattern and I think you've described well. I'm looking forward to the day when I feel closer to having developed my personal style. There's still a lot of trial and error with me. For the record, there was not a hint of 'porky' to be seen in the fabulous outfit with the red skirt. (But I'm sure you already know that!) It really was another 'killer Carolyn creation'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be fun! We could have soup, too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab thought! It would be so much fun :) When are you coming to Melbourne? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that would be lovely. I would really like to be able to see up close so many of your lovely creations, and of course to feel the wonderful fabrics. (I am so much a touchy-feely person!) As it stands, I guess I'll just have to accept only having pictures on my computer monitor to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an innovative idea the way you made your daughters skirt. I am never satisfied either, throwing out potentially useable fabrics. Sadly my daughter is still at the I hate skirts faze although has recently invested in a dress..wahoo!
    .
    Cassies room sounds very much like Courteneys, the wardrobe on the floor. It drives me nuts seeing her expensive wool school kilt lying in a pile on the floor each day. Unless everything is off the floor I will not vacuum her room so at least I know it all gets picked up once a week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carolyn, I'm not sure what on earth prompted your friend's fly-in-the-soup comment, but one of the biggest reasons we are so hurt & feel attacked when someone says something negative like that is because these things we make are a creation from our hands, from our hearts, from our imaginations - and that makes it such a personal thing. Having said that, I'm sure all of us could be persuaded to look the other way if you were to, say, fling a spoonful of that soup with the fly in it out the window.

    ReplyDelete