Friday, January 7, 2011

A walk in the park

A day of colourlessness (ness, ness) is often followed by a more colourful day, in my world.
And today is a bad hair day, sorry.  Thus the pony.  I am getting my hair cut this afternoon, and I am so sorely tempted to wait until I am salon-coiffured all fabulously before taking a photo... but I am just too busy later on today.  So a dog-walking photo with messy hair it had to be.
In sewing news, I am nearly finished another little floral floaty summer dress, and just needed some lining fabric so headed up to my favourite fabric shop.  And they were having a massive pattern sale!  So I just had to...  Fired up with enthusiasm and a misguided optimism about my own time-management abilities, I bought three new dress patterns, below.  I've got so many new patterns to try out...   I'd better get cracking.


Details:
Dress; partly based on McCalls 4453, partly my own design, red/pink polyester chiffon, to see this dress styled in 6 different ways go here
Ballet top; Metalicus, found secondhand
Sandals; Vincenzo, from Soletta shoes
Sunnies; RayBan
Nail varnish; BYS Mint Condition

7 comments:

  1. I've so many times thought of getting the V1107. I can't wait to see your version of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your colourful outfit, and a pony tail suits you.
    I have that pattern on the left. You will undoubtedly make it up first, but please not in black (I am guessing that black is not your favourite colour). It would be nice to see what it looks like with the fabulous seams actually visible! Very nice pattern haul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amo o vestido, é lindo e as cores são perfeitas.

    Abraços

    Eilane - Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you mix up your outfits!!! I'm all about mix and match. You are inspiring me to upgrade my sewing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you do pony tails too. :) See, that's how I know you are a real person, lol. The park looks like such a lovely place to take a picnic, and you've got the summer picnic outfit to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the skirt... all floaty wisps of color and asymetry ... looks great on you, as usual ... and yes, the ponytail too. (my normal hairstyle almost all the time).

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look fantastic.. and I love your outfit.

    ReplyDelete