Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A short break...

I'm just letting you know that I am going to be away from regular blogging for a short while.
We are travelling overseas; visiting friends and going skiing.  I am a very bad skier, which is hardly surprising given that we have lived almost our whole lives 2000 miles away from anywhere that ever sees snow, but I still enjoy skiing nonetheless!  I should mention my family are much better than me... er, so maybe it's just that I'm kinda uncoordinated.
We are also spending some time in Tokyo.  It's no secret that I find Japanese fashion incredibly inspiring, so I'm looking forward to seeing some for real and check out people in the streetz and going window shopping.  Real shopping?  Maybe.  I think my no-shopping pledge can be stretched just a little bit when it comes to souvenirs...  I love to have wearable souvenirs from our holidays.
Of course, fabric is totally allowed...  ;)
Without a doubt the highlight of my time in Tokyo will be meeting up with some fellow seamstresses and bloggers whilst I am there, Yoshimi and Novita.  I can hardly wait to meet them and chat about self-fashioning and stuff...!  So exciting!

So, later, dudes!

21 comments:

  1. Lucky lucky! Have a wonderful time!! Can't wait to hear/see of your adventures! (I don't know Novita yet, but Yoshimi is a lovely sewist!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time! Please let us know if you find any good fabric/sewing stores! I'm headed there later this year & am keen to find out what's on offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy. Say Hi to Yoshimi from me. I think she is very cool. Post the lowdown on where to buy fabric in Japan - I'd like a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy travels - sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful trip. Looking forward to seeing your sewing purchases from Tokoyo and what you think of Japanese fashion. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you! Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun! You did not mention Kyoto, but here is a fun sewing post about that city.
    http://www.justhungry.com/postcards-kyoto-misuyabari-and-hakotou-lovers-sewing-and-handcrafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that really exciting! I wish I had access to Japanese patterns and fabric where I live (smack in the middle of the USA). Have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, fun!! Enjoy your jet-skiing and kayaking across the pacific ocean ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! How fun!! You could take some pretty stunning photos in Tokyo. However did you manage a trip there of all places?

    Sounds fun!

    xo
    Donna @ Comin' Home

    ReplyDelete
  11. Safe travels! Can't wait to see what you bring back for show 'n tell. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a wonderful trip Carolyn! Make sure you show us any of your 'souvenirs'!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a great trip. Looking forward to your Japanese souvenirs . . . I've recently succumbed to some Japanese patterns books, but it's not quite the same as actually visiting Tokyo (:

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now, if you bought kimonos and refashioned them, surely that would not count. I'm just glad that you are safe, high and dry. Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how exciting. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Safe travels! Looking forward to hearing all about it!
    xo MODELmumma

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done!! Everything going well here though pretty hot!! You may like to look up pattern@centerforpatterndesign.org.

    ReplyDelete