Friday, December 24, 2010

Dressing for a road trip

What to wear for a very long hot drive down into the country; joining the entire clan for a massive Christmas celebration en famille...?  Exhibit A.
Comfortable.
Cool.
But vaguely halfway stylish and not tooooo casual; for the dropping off of a few prezzies and returning an overdue video on the way, and a short interval hopping out of the car at the halfway point petrol station, the only times the general public will view my person and possibly judge the book by its cover.   Er, that's me, the book, natch, being judged by my clothing by the way, in case you missed the tenuous reference...
Not that I had to worry, the standard of dress amongst drivers hanging out at the middle-of-nowhere petrol station today was... well, low, to be blunt.  But I still like to make some effort.  After all, I'm with my family, and I still care that they see I have some self respect, and make the effort to look nice.  That matters.
I'm sure they will still love me all the same.
But that's not to say I won't be going all out tomorrow; steppin' out in my new dress.  Yaas, managed to finish it and I'm dying to show it off.  Never too weary to get excited about a new party dress...
One sleep to go...


Details:
Top; my own design, refashioned from an old pair of linen pants, here
Shorts; Burda 7723, white linen
Thongs; Mountain Designs

6 comments:

  1. Cute outfit. I'm envious of your shorts weather. I'm in Florida, but I'm bundled in an old hoodie sweatshirt.... brrrrr. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing no matter what.
    Have a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great and very comfortable for a long trip :)

    Have a Very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great top-from-linen-pants! It looks very cool, just what I needed the last few days here!
    Have a great Christmas with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely outfit! Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas Carolyn! I can't wait to see your new dress. Have a wonderful time with your family! I've really enjoyed getting to "know" you through your blog this year. Blessings in 2011!

    ReplyDelete