Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The lull before the storm

My title is not referring to the weather, but the fact that I am down here in Dunsborough again, "minding" the beach-house during leavers week.  Yah, the town is expecting thousands of teenagers to rock up any minute now and start being extremely loud, boisterous and drunken.  In fact I have reliable intelligence that some had already started the partay-ing last weekend...  But this morning Sienna and I were up and on the beach bright and early (thanks, Mum for the wake-up phone call...) and all was quiet and beautiful and peaceful... hardly a soul in sight;  the only sound being the swoosh of the tide and the squawking of sea-birds.  So I'm wondering where all the teenagers are, so far.  Too early, maybe?  Sensibly sleeping?  Anyhoo, Mum will be coming to keep me company for today, we may catch a little morning tea and another stroll along the sand... discussing weighty worldly issues such as our sewing and wardrobe plans.


Details:
Shorts; Burda 7723 slightly modified here, greige corduroy
Camisole; Cotton On, tossed out by my daughter and rescued by me
Cardigan; Metalicus
Scarf; silk chiffon, made by me
Thongs (flipflops); Mountain Design
Sunnies; RayBan

10 comments:

  1. I like those kinds of worldly plans and your dog still looks funny!! Don't worry - mine looks exactly the same except she's black and white - but how happy are they on the beach - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these photos make me want to pack up and come for a visit. As my thermometer plummets, you are strolling in such lovely colors and wearing flip-flops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Schoolies week - completely out of control. I was so pleased that my daughter opted out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful beach shots...did you put the starfish back in the water? Have fun with your Mom. I have not been sewing much-still working on my winter handbag from a reclaimed coat. Note to self:do NOT try this again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the serenity captured in these photos. Hopefully it won't get too crazy. Have a great time with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe they were so busy partying last night that they will not wake up until noon? I hope you have earplugs and no trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A dog in bliss, serene waters, and a beautiful mistress. Wish I was there. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos! Have a great time with your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh jeesh, sounds like spring break shenanigans on American beaches. They are probably all hung-over ... No no, they are sensibly at home getting their calculus homework done before heading for the partying later, right, of course? or it's the end of the school year for you, so I go back to my original theory :) I must say your photos are lovely and I can't imagine they might be later in the day. Hope your particular corner of that loveliness stays quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just to clarify the mistress referrence was referring to the dogs mistress (as in master).LOL
    :-)

    ReplyDelete