Sometimes I forget that I set out to document all my handmade stuff here. Including the old stuff.
This is a quilt I made a few years ago. The fabrics are all green based, and all "floral" in the sense they all are leafy, fruity, and/or vegetable-y (I do like to make up words when I feel like it) I collected fabrics over about six months until I had found enough to satisfy my criteria, in both the quantity and in the prints. There was almost NO leftovers when I had finished, making the quilt "green" in a colloquial sense too... That's the beauty of quilts based upon basic square shapes, you can plan them to be very economical with fabric.
The patch arrangement is based upon a Kaffe Fasset design from his quilt book. The edges are hand bound with bias binding, made using two of the fabrics. The top is all machine pieced, and I started hand-quilting the three layers together before I lost enthusiasm and finished the quilting on the machine.
Purists will shudder, but... meh.
It measures approximately 210cmx240cm (7ftx8ft) perhaps a little smaller, but not by much.