Sunday, September 26, 2010

Domestic diva X

Woah, same skirt as yesterday; snap!  Though this version is view C and is made out of a bright cheery, bohemian, gypsy-ish print.  This is another skirt pattern I've used a lot, although not as much as my old standby Vogue 7303.  Come to think of it, if I'd kept all the skirts I've ever made using these two patterns, I could go a whole month of Self-Stitched September with no double-ups, no worries.  I've used them both heaps of times.  (I know, boring)  Don't worry, I've been branching out lately and have a few new exciting summery items and patterns to post here once this month of self-stitching documentation is over... one photo a day is enough imo.
The top is my own design, made from an old pair of three quarter pants; for the original story and a short tutorial on how to do this see here. Although the pants in their original form were dag-city, the fabric was in very good condition and I loved the soft yet still sharp citrusy colour of the linen.  So I saw potential.  Took the scissors to them and never regretted it.
We've got a nice afternoon planned seeing our friends; it is my friend E's birthday too, and we are looking forward to having a drink (or two) and viewing their latest holiday snaps.


Details:
Skirt; Vogue 7880 view C, printed cotton
Top; own design, made from an old pair of green linen 3/4 pants
Sandals; Anna, from Marie Claire shoes

5 comments:

  1. i think u've over taken me in ur knowledge (and use) of sms abbreviations i wouldn't have a clue what 'imo' means!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute and looks comfy. I'm new to the world of sewing and blogging. Stop by http://purl2tog.wordpress.com/ to see my creations as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, gorgeous fabric!! Why have we not seen this before? It does look summery ...

    Thanks for your suggestions with my grey "ensemble" mmmm, I didn't even think of putting a scarf, but of course! I think charcoal grey must be quite underused in my wardrobe and am kicking myself for leaving behind a long sleeve knit shirt in charcoal grey at the thrift store yesterday, booo ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is an old post. I'm wondering if you would sell this pattern. I've looked everywhere for it and can't find it! I can send you my email address. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete