Thursday, September 23, 2010

Domestic diva VII

Went on a recky (translation; Aussie slang for reconnaissance mission) through the husband's side of the wardrobe for this morning's outfit.  Oh, btw, that's just the shirt here, not the skirt hehe, in case you were wondering...


Details:
Shirt; Burda 7767, blue linen, seen first here
Skirt; Vogue 7303, green cotton velveteen, see first here
Socks; handknit by me, using Patonyles sock yarn, seen first here
Belt, kept from some old cargos that have long gone
Hat; Barmah, leather stockman's hat
Shoes; Francesco Morichetti



Re yesterday's post: my husband reckons I was far too mysterious and should not have told just half a story.  I can see now he was right and I wasn't fair.  Talking about private stuff makes me uncomfortable, but I appreciate that many of you are now like my pen-pals and we are interested in each other's lives and not just visiting each other for the sewing and fashion so I should try to open up more...

A friend lost her son to cancer.  He was 24.  He had been ill such a short while, so while the end was not unexpected it was still too shocking.  Of course would always be too shocking, no matter how much time you have to prepare, of course.  I saw her and the family yesterday and they were just amazing.  So loving and so positive.  My friend C makes me want to be a better person.
That's all.  Just go and hug your children.  I am.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, that is defintely a hard thing to deal with, especially because he was so young.
    I've been really hard on my tantrum-throwing toddler today. I will go hug her. But I am still going to keep her on time out. ;)
    xo

    www.modelmumma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sad news, he was so young too. We don't know what is going to happen next in our lives so love hard and make the most of every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work gear. Looking forward to seeing your birthday outfit tomorrow,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad. Just so sad. Yep - hugs all round!!! I hope you actually mowed the lawn or is it all just a ploy??

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sorry for your loss :( hope it gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that is a hard thing. I will hug my goose today, once he wakes up. :) Thanks for sharing this ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing a little bit more. We grow to care about the ones we visit regularly. I'm so sorry for your friend and her family. I can't imagine how heartbreaking this must be.

    Well now that the house is clean, Domestic Diva takes to the yard, bringing it to submission while looking amazing at the same time.

    And so glad you cleared up the bit about the skirt not being your husbands. I was getting a little worried there for a minute. Just kidding, of course.

    Thanks for the birthday wishes for my hubby. I may post a few pictures of our private family party we had for him with just our children minus the one off at college. What he doesn't know is that Saturday is the big surprise party with his friends. He thinks the celebrations are now over.

    Monday, September 27th, I am posting my fashion shoot of a retro Vogue dress.



    Trudy
    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carolyn, I'm loving your DD posts. Sorry to hear about your friend's son.... it's so very hard, esp with someone so young. Hugs, Su

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's son.

    ReplyDelete