Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Domestic diva V

Skirt; old favourite, since it was one of the first really artistic things I made for myself without using a pattern.  Lots of bits and bobs of fabric.  Attached long white cheesecloth petticoat underneath with handkerchief hem.  Random strips, stitching and shapes.  Unexpected geometric flounces.   The colours of blue-willow china, reminding me of my grandparents.
Top; real simple.  Wraps and ties at back.  Useful.  A bit of a bra-strap-revealer, but forgiven because of its cuteness and coolness during hot weather.  Days definitely getting warmer now.  Good stuff.
I apologise for the silly telegraphic nonsensical style here today, but I'm a bit rushed although I don't look it in this photo, but looks can obviously deceive...!  and I have a lot on my plate.  Thankyou for your lovely comments, I appreciate every one and I'm glad the domestic diva series is giving a smile to some, thankyou!  Back again tomorrow, and wishing you a happy Tuesday!


Details:
Skirt; own design, various blue and white cottons, bias and bias binding strips
Top; New Look 6252, white seersucker
Shoes; Franco Burrone, from Marie Claire shoes

8 comments:

  1. I can't believe how much stuff you've sewn yourself. Fantastic!
    I have an idea for tomorrow's D.D series... how about sliding across a timber floor and using the broom as a guitar?? (ok, i'm thinking of that scene from Mrs Doubtfire)... YEAH?!!!! :D

    www.modelmumma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, I am really loving this series you're doing. I never would have thought to use my own home as a prop to make pictures more interesting, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great skirt - are divas supposed to be clever?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun skirt. I love all of the interesting shapes and colors. You are soooo artistic. New name: The Artistic Sewing Diva.

    Looks like you really don't want to vacuum, as you glare at it -- cute.

    Trudy
    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful skirt.
    My vacuum cleaner looks at me like that too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this photo!
    Actually the colours remind me of the mad men style recaps over at Tom & Lorenzo where they often comment that the costume designer picks out clothing that matches the palette of their home as a way of tying the character to the place.
    ~ Alana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, gorgeous skirt!! You know, I'd feel about that tired if I just did the vacuuming in heels too...he he! I'm glad you are enjoying warmer weather - I'm glad we are cooling off!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, what a cute skirt!. You're such a talented sewer and your style is adorable.
    - But where did you leave your left foot? ;-)

    ReplyDelete