Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Black dress

So, I hardly ever wear this dress and it just sits there on its hanger and I reach for it once in a blue moon.  I wasn't even planning to use it this month. 
This can be a toughie to wear because of its body-con nature and I have to be mindful not to slouch when I'm wearing it as even the tiniest lump and bump shows to the full...  and even though the harsh sun in Australia can be very unflattering in photos (like most Aussies I've learnt this the hard way so please be kind if you do care to comment!) I posed in the full sun for this one to show the lovely folding and draping of the design; being a black dress these features wouldn't show up in a shady photo.  The artful folding of the thin silk jersey around the midriff area that becomes a random geometrical frill along the opening edge is my favourite feature of this dress.  Come to think of it, the only feature of the dress...!  It is a very simple design.  
I am wearing black today because I am attending a funeral.


Details:
Dres; Vogue 2556, black silk jersey
Shoes; Misano, from Labels
Sunnies; Rayban

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photo - what lumps and bumps???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your friend's son. I hope you will be a great comfort to them ...

    Lovely dress ... well, the harsh sun turned out well on this one, I would say.

    Oh, I asked Kevin and it is the GC that gives him fits, not the HPLC. oops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My condolences on the loss of your friend's son. But, yowza, this dress is *gorgeous*.

    I don't see any lumps and bumps either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your friend's son. What lumps? What bumps? You look fabulous.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fortunately you're in good shape so you can get away with wearing this type of material. I don't see any lumps and bumps. You look lovely. I love the artful draping and folding of this dress. I love pieces pieces with interesting designs. You are so good at making them.

    I will be thinking of you and your friend's family today. Again, I am so very sorry for their loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Carolyn,

    I'm so sorry about the funeral. But the dress is amazing! I stumbled upon your blog through the meanderings I do clicking links on other's blogs. I love love LOVE your photos. You are incredibly creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Carolyn--you look fab! And your sense for perfect photography is amazing. I can learn so much just by your comments. It does look lovely on you. I wouldn't dare!!

    Funerals are not something we want to attend, but there is such comfort in having a reliable and stylish black dress. The dress is the last thing you want on your mind at a time like that. Everyone should have one in their closet.

    ReplyDelete