Friday, August 27, 2010

Daffodil Day

Today is Daffodil Day in Australia.
Like just about everyone, cancer has touched my life too.  I have lost family members and friends.  One close friend is a survivor.  It's nice to have a reason to buy flowers.  I would feel outrageously self-indulgent if I were to buy myself flowers on any other day, but today it feels right.  These will sit in the kitchen and brighten up the day of everyone who sees them.  And most of the proceeds are going to a very good cause.
On a fashion note; this dress may well get the heave-ho after Self-Stitched September.  I still kind of like it, kind of don't... love the colour but the weird bodice has always been a problem.  See how the model on the pattern envelope has her arm folded across her chest? ding ding ding ding! ...   Something to bear in mind when checking out pattern photos in the future...  I'm sitting on the fence about this one... but for today it goes beautifully with my yellow scarf!


Details:
Dress; Burda 7897, dark olive green bamboo/cotton mix
Cardigan; Country Road
Belt; emu leather, don't know brand
Scarf; d'lux, from Uggies
Tights; Metalicus
Booties; Django and Juliette, from Zomp shoes

6 comments:

  1. One of my favourite flowers!
    You know I read the whole post about it being a dress, looked at the photo and thought "what a nice skirt"... then tried to find where you got your skirt from. DERR.
    So really, if you want to salvage it, chop the top off to make it into a skirt??
    have a great weekend!

    www.modelmumma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking exactly the same - great skirt section, lose the top half?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, gorgeous. We had drifts of daffodils in front of our old house in north Texas, such fond memories. They are such a gorgeous flower. I love the yellow with the charcoal ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scarf is a nice touch, bright and cheery.

    Trudy
    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You said, "This is such a beautiful picture of you.
    I've got your "I was featured" button on my blog, and I'm pretty darn proud of it too!!"

    Carolyn, you are so sweet. I am so touched that you would proudly carry my button in your sidebar. Thank you so much. You have made my day. Please let me know if you ever design a button so that I can proudly post yours.

    And please let us know the outcome of your two word description for yourself. I am dying to know. I've been thinking that I want to do the same thing. I had never heard of it before you brought it up.

    Trudy
    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love daffodils, they are such a pretty flower. You look great in this outfit, the yellow is so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete