Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"Snow Bunny" beanie

I know, I know, the name I've given my new beanie is kind of ridiculous and inappropriate, given today's weather you can see in my photo here; blazingly brilliant sunshine in clear periwinkle skies...  it's OK, I'm happy to have the irony in my life.  I love the sunshine absolutely, but I can imagine those of you lucky enough to get snow in your winter must be hiding a chuckle at what our Perth winters are like...  When we do finally get some grey miserable days with storm clouds overhead (which we will) my beanie will seem more fitting, but I wanted to show it off for today since I just finished it the night before last...  and the truth be told I whipped it off for the rest of today because my head got too hot...
This beanie is a plain ordinary beanie, no bells or whistles, made with Patons Jet, a wool/alpaca mix.  I bought ten balls of this at the beginning of winter, so expect to see some more projects in this yarn before winter's out.


Thankyou ladies for the sweet comments you left about my Mum yesterday, she is a beautiful lady and I consider myself the lucky one to have her in my life.


Details:
Beanie; knitted with Patons Jet, colour 100
Tops; both Metalicus
Skirt; Vogue 7303, bottle green cotton velveteen
Tights; Metalicus
Boots; Fornarina, from David Jones
Bag; Gucci

5 comments:

  1. I am in love with the color pallet of this outfit. You look amazing.

    Trudy
    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. he he ... I'm laughing because when I moved to the south (from Pennsylvania) 15 years ago, the WHOLE TOWN would shut down if there was even a tiny bit of snow. It was amazing moving to that from having had snow from October to April many years. Here in central texas it snows even less, apparently a good sticking few inches is once every 25 years or so. Though last winter we did have an inch or two that stuck for a few hours - enough for Gideon to sled ride in the park and for a whole party atmosphere to pervade our neighborhood ... Do you guys ever get snow there?

    Oh, I like your hat too - and the boots with that skirt - you sure do look dressed for snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute! I'm loving the ivory with the jewel tones, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou!
    Caroline - no, it never ever snows here. The temperature rarely even gets below freezing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Snow Bunny beanie looks great and would be the perfect beanie for my winter weather.

    ReplyDelete