Thursday, July 22, 2010

"Plenty long enough" socks

So these are socks I knitted this winter, using leftovers.  The top part (my favourite part) is the leftover Grignasco yarn from here, below that is the last remnants of the Patonyles wool (the shrink-tastic one) and the lowest part going down to the toes is some new sock yarn I bought this year for this purpose; a brand called Koigu, 100% Merino wool made in Canada.  Up until I spotted this yarn I didn't know Canadians were into Merino like us Aussies and Kiwis here, so there you go.... learn something new every day...
Like my twee little name suggests (and please accept my apologies for the weak humour) I made these socks easily long enough for my foot and then a little more some, just in case of a reoccurrence of the dreaded washing machine shrinkage.
Although this.  Will.  Not.  Occur.  (gritted teeth, shaking fist threateningly at washing machine)

4 comments:

  1. They look great! I'm really want to have a go at knitting some socks xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carolyn,

    I wanted to let you know I blogged about your gorgeous grey jacket, I love it! I couldn't find your email to ask permission, but you can check it out at http://pearlschell.blogspot.com/2010/07/really-cute-jacket.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the nicest sock wardrobe I've ever seen! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful socks... I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete