Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"Jewel" knitted waistcoat

Here is a waistcoat I knitted for my mother, ooh, probably about seventeen or so years ago.  Round about the time Kaffe Fassett was having a big impact on the creative textile world.  I took this photo of her wearing it the last time I went down to stay with Mum and Dad in the country.
The waistcoat is made up of about twelve different wools/cottons/blends in a variety of berry and jewel colours to a Kaffe Fassett "triangles" design I saw in one of his books, and the shape and knitting pattern of the waistcoat is my own design.

7 comments:

  1. This waistcoat is truly a work of art. I am in awe of your great skills.

    Trudy
    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful vest (waistcoat) and a beautiful mom. I enjoy reading your blog, and admiring your skill in clothing construction as well as your ability to style a photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a yummy waistcoat! It certainly does look like berries. I should know, it's berry season right now in Oregon, USA and that's all I've been doing the last week. Your mum is a lucky woman to have such a creative daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, I haven't learned how to knit blocks of colors like that. I never would have guessed it was handmade - and it has clearly stood up over time! Your mum is lucky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks complicated. Love the colors in it. I'll bet your mom loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do I see the next Jenny Kee emerging in the West?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my that does look very complicated....and gorgeous.
    A wonderful keepsake too.
    Your work is amazing.

    ReplyDelete