Saturday, July 17, 2010

Birthday scarf

It was A's birthday a week ago, my sister-in-law, and I've made her a loopy scarf for a present.  She has a lovely olive complexion and reddish and caramel highlights in her dark hair, so I'm thinking these warm strong colours will suit her beautifully.  I've held off putting the scarf up here because I think she reads this blog occasionally and I didn't want to spoil the surprise of her pressie by her reading about it and seeing it here first! until I had a chance to go over to visit her...  I hope she likes it!
The pattern I used is the same as this scarf, using one ball of Colinette Fandango, a scrummy all-cotton yarn.


Details:
Scarf; knitted using one ball of Colinette Fandango
Top; Country Road
Cardigan; Country Road, found secondhand, originally oyster white and dyed
Jeans; Soon
Boots; Mina Martini, from Marie Claire shoes

4 comments:

  1. You have such a way with color...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, these colors are fabulous for you too! Your hair is really pretty. What kind of citrus are you growing in that giant pot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou!
    Caroline - the citrus in the pot is a cumquat tree

    ReplyDelete