Saturday, June 19, 2010

Spicey Rose chenille scarf

Here I'm in soccer Mum mode again... we lost...
Not to worry, my scrummy scarf is to be talked about here today.  I've possibly worn this before on the blog but not mentioned anything about its province, so today it gets a post of its own.  I wish I could remember the name of the Colinette yarn I used; I bought and knitted it up about four years ago and it's since been discontinued and I can't find any old tags or any info on the net to enlighten me.  The best I can do is to tell you it's a chenille in a beautiful array of toasty, spicy, berry-preserves colours guaranteed to start warming you up before you've even wrapped it around your neck...
I bought 3 balls, cast on 80 stitches and just knitted in garter stitch until all three balls had gone.  Now usually I prefer not to use garter stitch in a scarf as it has a sort of "first scarf" look about it, but it this yarn's case I think it works all right.
Sorry about the slightly blurry close-up.  I didn't notice how bad this photo was when I looked in my camera's viewfinder (I think I might need spectacles!), but no matter as you can still get a feel for these lovely colours and generous dimensions of this scarf which have made it such a "nice" component of my winter wardrobe.  Inverted commas on the rather lame usage of "nice" there, because I couldn't think of a suitably rave-y-type adjective that perfectly encompasses the versatility of a scarf that works just as well as a casual scarf, as here, and yet capably transforms into an evening stole when I want it to... if I wasn't so lazy I would get dressed up to show it in evening mode, but that will have to wait for another post.


Details:
Jeans; Soon
Top; Ezibuy
Scarf; made by me, Colinette yarn
Boots; Mina Martini, from Marie Claire shoes

8 comments:

  1. It's very pretty. Looks nice and cozy too.

    Trudy
    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also wanted to let you know that I have an awesome post set for Monday on both my sewing blog and my art blog.

    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com
    www.artisticcreationswithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't go to the Ray Costarella sale. I knew about it and I totally intended to go... but the last time I went there were only 4 rolls of shitty fabric and I bought this leather pouffy sleeved things and this bias cut ball gown which I totally didn't need. And I don't have any money really... so I thought I better not go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great scarf. I am knitting my first scarf right now (and not even in garter stitch, how about that? *grin*) and I hope it turns out just as lovely. I look forward to your post with the evening wear combination, sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, yup, the garter stitch does look surprisingly dressy. It is such a versatile color too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Gives me some new inspiration to continue the half started crocheted scarf I have stashed for the summer here in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors are gorgeous.

    Finally, we don't need a scarf here today.. it is summer hot for us...yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice! And I like the jeans, they fit you perfectly.

    ReplyDelete