Saturday, May 22, 2010

Cloudy with a chance of brights

Yes, (air fist punch) we got rain!  And lots of it.  And my favourite kind, overnight rain.  The garden doesn't smell at all now ... well, OK just a tiny bit, but not like yesterday.  When the timing of these household maintenance chores turns out so right, you can feel so undeservedly pleased with yourself at your own wisdom in hindsight...
Today I was a soccer Mum.  And popped into Spotlight to pick up a few bits and bobs to complete some top secret projects I've been working on...  got some family birthdays coming thick and fast in the next month.  Not to mention my own selfish winter sewing plans, well, since I started on the Wardrobe Refashion pledge to buy no new clothes, ipso facto I now have to make them.  This is no hardship since I love sewing, but I feel like I have about a million plans in my head, and am realistically only capable of producing a limited number of items each week...
All I can say is it's a good thing my family is happy with simply cooked food with no fancy trimmings...
Speaking of good plain fare, the grey cardigan I'm wearing today is so old but so comfy, it's like an old warm cuddly friend now.  Comfort dressing, the sartorial version of scrambled eggs on toast for dinner.  And whenever I wear this little mirrored pony necklace it takes me right back to when I got it, on my girls' weekend away with my friends A and D.


Details:
Skirt: Vogue 7303, burnt orange silk hessian
Camisole; Country Road
Cardigan; Country Road
Necklace; from some little shop in Melbourne
Boots; Enrico Antinori

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you got so much rain, and overnight at that. It was made to order.

    Because of my sewing and artistic pursuits, the meals I cook for my family are very simple as well. I don't spend two or more hours slaving over a hot stove each evening. Something in the crockpot; quiche; baked potatoes, russet or sweet; beans & rice; Spaghetti; chicken in the oven or something with ground beef is quite often what we eat around here, quick and simple meals.

    It sounds so funny to hear you say "your winter wardrobe" because we are heading into the sweltering hot summer over here in southeast Texas. It's hard to imagine that we are on opposite sides of the world because with our instant communication with blogging, it just doesn't seem so far away.

    Your cardigan is very nice for being old. I go for comfort dressing, too. You look great as always. Have a wonderful day, and I'll have a wonderful night. I better get myself to bed since it is coming up on 1:00 a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I just love that coral colored dress, not a color I wear much of but with the gray cardi it looks are fall and cozy like.

    ReplyDelete