Saturday, May 29, 2010

Beautiful blogger award



I was so thrilled to look in my comments and see an award from the lovely Anne; thanks so much Anne!
Whooo, now I have to list ten things about myself...  I always find this so difficult because I'm not very interesting... and this is meant to be primarily a sewing blog and not supposed to be about me.
What to say?
1. I've been sewing for over 30 years.  And I still love it!
2. I love "Desperate Housewives"  ;D!!  But loathe Sex and the City  :S Not even the wardrobe can hold my attention on the latter...
3. The British band Muse is my current favourite music.  (I"m not crazy about the clip but trust me the music is awesome...)

4. We lived in the United States for a year.  It was an interesting education.  USA is so different from Australia.  We made some great friends!
5. Typical Hollywood blockbusters bore me.  I love quirky foreign films with a twisted unexpected storyline.  The Sixth Sense is that rare Hollywood film that hit the jackpot for me.  One of my all time favourites.
Phew, ten things is a lot to think up...
6. I'm addicted to fabric.  It's terrible.  Even though I might have 1000m of fabric stuffed into my laundry cupboard so I can't shut the door, I still kid myself I will have time for just one more sewing project...  Crazy.
7. Knitting socks is another "what am I thinking?" secret addiction.  I'm not sure I could ever buy another pair of socks... well, one must have something to do whilst sitting in front of the TV of an evening, no?
8. I secretly wish my kids would never grow up and leave home.  I would miss them horribly.
(at right, my children and me in Italy)
9. (also related to the above picture)  I wish I could learn another language.  I learnt Italian at school.  Over the years, and having no Italians to converse with, I completely forgot it all, or so I thought.  When we visited Italy a few years ago I was amazed at how much I understood of conversations around me, and how the right phrases popped into my head when I needed them...!
10. I know I said this in my last award, but it's such a big thing about me I'll say it again.  I am extremely shy.  If you met me I'd be so tongue-tied you'd think I was a stuck-up snob.  I'm not really.


Now I name five others to award to.  It's difficult to pick just five out of the many fabulous blogs I enjoy reading, but I'm awarding to:


Faye, of Faye's Sewing Adventure

Karin, of ancien-nouveau

Lily, of The House of Mirth

Stephanie, of The Naked Seamstress

Caroline, of Church Sexy

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations. You certainly do have a beautiful blog. Loved learning a little more about you. I think it's fun to get to know our fellow bloggers a little better. I look forward to visiting the blogs you nominated. Whereabouts in the US did you live?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, such a sweet pic in the kids. Where did you live in the US? Thanks ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You deserve this Beautiful Blogger award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the award, Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, thank you so much, I'm honored! I look forward to nominating five of my favourites, it's a shame I can't nominate you ;-).

    ReplyDelete