Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dog Beach

We're having a real indian summer in Perth so this morning I took Sienna to Dog Beach and it was.  Just.  Heaven.  There was only a handful of people on the beach, being a weekday.  So normally I don't like to get all pose-y in my photos.  Usually I just stand there feeling self conscious.   But today I felt in such high spirits I just did it.  Maybe I'm too old to be striking a pose like this but there was no one about to see me, so I thought what the hey!
After our long backpack-hauling slogs along the beaches on our trek I wasn't sure I could ever again adore beach walking as much as I used to.  But this morning the old love for the feel of soft warm sand between my toes and the cool salty splash of the sea over my feet was reignited.  Bliss!


Details:
Top; Burda 8497, python print satin
Shorts; Burda 7723, white linen
Thongs (flipflops); Mountain Designs

9 comments:

  1. Pose away!!! You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One is never to old to feel confident! Pose On!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and the weather look lovely! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great pose with that beautiful background. Should be in a magazine.

    Love your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmm, I love the wrap top! And those shorts are great. Hmmm, I might need to foray into shorts - making. Ahhhh, Indian summer. :) what's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pose is great. I could point you to some sewing pattern envelope photographs where the overly posed poses (and they call themselves professionals!) make me cringe, if that would make you feel better.

    Your warm sunny beach weather is enviable! We had a few days like that last week, now it is freezing cold rain again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wondered what happened to the python print blouse. Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These shorts are very beautiful and suit you perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These shorts are very beautiful and suit you perfectly.

    ReplyDelete