Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sunshine award

Despite my despondency yesterday (hey, a girl is entitled to an off day every once in a while, right?  We've all been there...) I managed to achieve quite a lot by way of cleaning up.  I've shifted a small mountain of laundry from off my laundry floor.  There are now "piles" of debris around the backyard, as opposed to a general blanket coverage.  I've broken down some big branches into much smaller manageable sizes.  The glass man is expected.  Broken glass has been dealt with.  The pool is getting there...  er, sort of...  
And I'm feeling a lot more positive and sunshine-y today.  So it seems an appropriate day to do this!

Faye very kindly nominated me for this sunshine award, which was so sweet of her and I was thrilled and honoured to receive it.  Thanks, Faye!
The requirements for the award are very simple, and are as follows:


1. Place the logo within your blog or post.
2. Pass the award on to 12 bloggers.
3. Link the nominees within the post.
4. Let the nominees know they have received the award by commenting on their blogs.
5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received the award.


I'm following Faye's lead and nominating 6 fellow bloggers for this award.  These are 6 ladies who I find to be wonderfully skilled at combining beauty and functionality in their sewing achievements, and to be proud to wear and show off their creations on their blog in order to inspire us all.

Lauriana, who continues to amaze with her exceptional precision tailoring and cool classic dressing style

Ruta, who is so stylish and clever with her approach to her whole wardrobe... 

Yoshimi, who creates stunning and beautiful garments worthy of the chicest and most exclusive boutiques.  Her latest jeans creation is to die for...

Trudy, who not only is a most inspirational mother, creative artist and a very sweet lady who always leaves such uplifting comments to definitely brighten my day, but also finds time somehow to sew lovely garments

Ann, another lovely sweet lady who always adds a bit of sunshine to my day with her supportive comments.  A very clever seamstress who made stunning jeans for herself (jaw drops in admiration...)

Caroline, who writes in an entertaining and witty way about her adventures with her wardrobe and her life

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination! I might follow your example and not do 12, wow, that's alot! I'm eager to take a look at the other ones you nominated too. The descriptions make me want to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Carolyn for this award. I will try to do a post soon to receive it. I have several awards I need to receive. Hope I can remember them all. I will certainly remember yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the nomination, Carolyn! I'm sorry for responding this late, but I'll try to do a post before long. Keep up your beautiful work on sewing!

    ReplyDelete