Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"Moody Milkmaid" ... refashioned

Call me crazy.  I am crazy.  I'm insane.  Sometimes I swear I am a complete and utter lunatic.  I took my photos this morning and posted about my skirt (see below).  I even posted on Wardrobe Refashion.  I kept looking at the photos.  I wasn't happy.  My skirt looked somehow unsatisfactory.  The original Celine skirt has a waistband.  I knew this.  I made a conscious decision when I made my skirt that I wouldn't have a waistband.  I didn't want to do a complete knock-off, for heaven's sake.  But my skirt looked ... wrong.
So I attacked it.  I know!  Crazy!  After finishing up in the office, I took up the unpicker and removed the facings from the skirt.  By some miracle there was just enough of the port wine linen left to make a waistband.  Ironed on the interfacing.  Took in the waist darts front and back to bring the top up to waist level.  Attached the waistband, sewed a buttonhole, and added an old button.  You know what?  It looks so much better now.  Celine's Phoebe Philo was right.  The waistband was necessary.
(This photo was taken about seven hours after this morning's photo.  Crazy woman!)


Details: same as this morning!!!

10 comments:

  1. I think I like it better this way, with the waistband. And those pockets look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the welted pockets!! That's on my list of "things to learn how to do." Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right! It looks even better with the waistband...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right. It looks better, You Crazy Woman. lol

    The hoop I am using in the photo is not weighted; but it is 40 inches in diameter, which makes it easier. I did use a weighted one, not pictured; and it was definitely easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol too funny, maybe milk maid-y, in a very good way, and I love this outfit... it looks so fresh and sweet. Well done on the skirt...the details are impeccable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm absolutelly in love with this Celine skirt too. And I really like your variation with waistband, it has a touch of your style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonserfull )) you're right, it's better with the waistband and I love the colors you've choose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The last comment was mine....I wasn't on the goog account....

    ReplyDelete
  9. soma pharmacy order hgh somatropin - soma online rx

    ReplyDelete
  10. buy valium online valium hair drug test - kinda drug valium

    ReplyDelete