Monday, March 29, 2010

An intense shot of colour

COLOUR!!  Get out your sunnies!  This saturation of colour I'm wearing today was a vaguely imagined "hope for" when I made this skirt.  I've really progressed in my fashion choices since I started writing this blog.  I'm challenging myself to wear all of my clothes I make, to stretch my imagination as far as colour goes and to let go of my beloved neutrals.  Not that I'm ever going to stop wearing my neutrals, mind, but six months ago I wouldn't have dreamed of wearing this particular colour combination.  This would have been completely out of my comfort zone.  So I've grown, fashion-wise.  I'm not trying to be the most noticeable or the most avant-garde person around, but I like to look nice and it's easy to get stuck in a rut with one's wardrobe.  Time after time, I'm reaching for the same old same old.  Not this time!
And I bought some new shoes!  I haven't bought any new clothes in over six months, apart from a few Country Road camisoles.  I consider these camisoles a wardrobe essential, I wear them such a lot during summer, and daily all through winter as an extra layer under everything else, for warmth.  So I felt OK about buying these new sandals!  I bought two pairs of summer sandals, actually, both half price.  The best time to buy summer shoes is now, just as the best time to buy winter shoes is in October.  Which is when I bought two pairs of winter boots, so I'm all set for winter!
Looking forward to a nice birthday morning tea for my friend L today.  So since it's such a beautiful day I'm popping these shoes in my bag and walking to the cafe in my thongs (flipflops); these beauties are sadly not made for walking!!


Details:
Skirt; Vogue 1023 view C, turquoise polycotton
Camisole; Country Road
Cardigan; Metalicus
Sandals; Pedro Miralles, from Soletta shoes

5 comments:

  1. Very nice shoes, nice shade of red and they seem to be comfortable.
    It's so strange to listen how you are preparing for "winter" as we can't wait for summer here =) I usually wait for summer more then for winter. But as for the style and clothes, autumn is by far most exciting season to me.
    .. I guess your winter is hotter then our summer =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, yeah, that's my challenge too, to incorporate more color. Funny how the "accountability" of blogging has made me more eager and more adventurous. I think you did well! And the sandals are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This combo makes my mouth water. Juicy!!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the splash of color and I plan on being more adventurous with my summer outfits too. Colorful clothing just seems to lift ones spirits :) and you can't help but smile. Your shoes are lovely.

    Hope you had a great day with your friend.

    I am off to re-post the red dress. I didn't have time to finish the write up last night so I saved it as a draft. I didn:t realize it still went through :}

    ReplyDelete