I made my husband another shirt!
The fabric; well I got brave, and in a first for me bought some fabric online. I felt quite strange about this as I have never bought fabric without feeling the weight and thickness of it for myself, but I'm pretty happy about my purchases. In fact I've bought quite a bit, post pictures tomorrow...
I used Burda 7767, the same as for his last shirt here, with a few minor adjustments. For fitting considerations I curved the side seams a little for a better fit and increased the body and sleeve width at the underarm. For design considerations I curved the corners of the pocket and cuffs, added a pocket flap, and topstitched with narrow double stitching. I used black thread throughout for a contrasting look, and for the topstitching. What can I say, I really like contrasting topstitching! Maybe next time I'll make him a shirt with matching topstitching ... hmm, maybe not. I don't think I could resist putting my own little spin on any of the stuff I make..
I was a bit more careful with the topstitching of the sleeve plackets this time and I think the finish is pretty good if I say so myself....;D! I bought little shiny black buttons to finish it off.
I really love this rich port-wine colour on him, I think it really suits him and it goes beautifully with his stone coloured linen pants, with a black belt.
(In case anyone's curious, he requested that his head be cropped out of the photo! I thought he looked quite handsome and is too sensitive but I can sympathise as I very often contemplate doing same to my photos too...)
Shirt; Burda 7767, "tawny port" middle-weight linen