Not a terribly exciting re-fashion this week, but I'm still pretty happy with the result. Before; an old work shirt of my husband's that he was tossing out. Pro's; it's made of sturdy thick cotton knit with a lovely blue-marle denim-y colour that has a lived-in comfortable feel about it, and it has a nice button up front with attractive metallic-look buttons. Problem areas, it was HUGE, it had a kind of daggy "sporty" collar and two too many logos. I hate logos. I don't really want to walk around looking like a billboard for somebody else's business, thankyou very much.
It may not look like a dramatic difference, but this shirt has been re-constructed completely, apart from the button up front which I kept untouched and the bottom hemline is also the original. The collar was removed. As the logos were embroidered onto the fabric they couldn't be unpicked without leaving an unholy mess behind (or should I say, a very hole-y mess!), so the sleeves were shortened, removing one logo, and I added a small self fabric pocket, covering up the other logo. The shirt pieces were rejoined to become a much slimmer, more feminine shape.
I think the new streamlined look of the T-shirt is now quite attractive and will be a useful new resident in my wardrobe.
I made my skirt also, about four or five years ago and I posted about it previously here.
Shirt; refashioned from my husband's old work shirt
Skirt; my own design, various cottons and cheesecloths
Sandals; Vicenza, from Soletta shoes