Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tea Cosy, specimen 9

Here is the tea cosy I made for my mother-in-law for her birthday last year.  She loves the beach and spends a lot of time walking and swimming on the beach, so I took the soft blues and browns of the seaside for inspiration. This tea cosy is my own design, just cast on what seemed like a good number of stitches and started knitting, winging the design.  I love the bobbly yarn I found for the top-knot, it reminds me of that coastal grass that we call "pussy-tails" in WA because the flowers look tiny miniature fluffy cat-tails.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice! The bobbly yarn is a very creative touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so good at winging it. I love the bobbly yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’re so thoughtful the way you use your creative flare to personalise your tea cosy gifts. Bobbly yarn - excellent choice

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did you think of the book ‘The girl with the dragon tattoo’?

    ReplyDelete