Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Polka Dot


All polka dotty today!  I can't believe I didn't think of this combination before; I love it!  Especially as I've still got my Santorini Sunset nail varnish looking OK, so the orange and taupe combo is perfectly matched from top to bottom!
I had a wonderful day shopping at the fabric store yesterday, and I'll post pictures of my purchases and plans for autumn tomorrow.  I've got lots of lovely projects for myself on the drawing board; some of them completed, some of them in progress and some just bought yesterday.  However as today I'm looking smartish for a family lunch at my husband's parents' place I thought I'd put in my daily outfit for today.
As posted about previously here, this top was made from a skirt I had made for a costume dinner and realised was never going to don again.  I included some close-ups of the details; the hems were all finished by hand as I didn't want topstitching.  The skirt was picked up in an op shop for $3.  It's a gorgeous skirt; made in France, in perfect nick and fits me perfectly.  Can't believe someone was getting rid of it.  Although I've tossed out pretty good stuff in the past and lived to regret it.  Deeply.  The skirt has two labels in it?? One says "Louie" and made in France, the other says "Rodney Clark".


Details: 
Shirt; Butterick 4985, with sleeves from another pattern, orange polka dot cotton
Skirt; Rodney Clark, op shop
Shoes; Marco Santini, from Marie Claire shoes
Nail varnish; Santorini Sunset, Napoleon









1 comment:

  1. Wow, polkadots all over, that a daring combo, but it really works. I like those colours together, and the fact that the spots are about the same size, but not in the same pattern. And yes, I was the one who recommended the Shirtmaking book. I hope you like it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete