Saturday, December 26, 2009

Boxing Day by the pool

Boxing day, and a quiet day by the pool planned, with just a few trips in and out to drop off/pick up my eldest son who is working.  I briefly considered going to the shops while dropping him off today to see what was on offer at the post-Christmas sales, but the crowds of determined looking ladies striding purposefully into the shops was a big deterrent...     I HATE crowds...  I'm hanging out for Tuesday; my sister-in-law, my daughter and I are going to Fabulous Fabrics (early) for their 20% off sale.  Really can't wait and I plan to spend up big!!  I don't really have a stash at the moment, and apart from my autumn trench coat and a blue skirt I have currently in construction I will be needing some new projects for the New Year.  Perhaps "wanting" is a more accurate word to use than "needing"!
Today I am wearing my cream light wool skirt from Vogue 7303 that I made about two and a half years ago, and I've included a few close-ups of the zip region with the lining sewn to the zip by hand on the inside.  I always attach the lining at this point by hand as I've not managed to do this successfully by machine.  Once or twice I've attempted it, but it hasn't really looked very good to my eye and I always end up by unpicking it and re-doing by hand.  I think a far superior finish is achieved this way.
Obviously I'm still influenced today by the whole Christmas colour scheme, but I like to think in a subtle way.  If anyone ever sees me wearing a Santa hat, or Christmas baubles as earrings, please shoot me...


Other details;
Skirt; Vogue 7303, cream lightweight wool
Top; Morrison
Necklace and hat; Country Road
Shoes; Neo, bought at Nine West?
Nail varnish; Santorini Sunset; Napoleon

1 comment:

  1. This outfit looks very cool. I particularly like the accessories you have put with it All very attractive. Gillian

    ReplyDelete