Thursday, December 31, 2009

Autumn sewing plans

I bought this great fashion diary (called a "Fashionary") online before Christmas, one for me and one for my daughter.  It's great for planning outfits as it has figures pre-drawn very lightly on the page ready for you, which makes it so much easier for a non-drawer like myself, with no worries about getting the body proportions right...  Lots of fun to be drawing and colouring in just like in kindergarten again!
I've mapped out an autumn sewing plan, with some items I've already completed recently such as the blue/grey pants, navy blazer and the green/brown print silk dress, other projects such as the green knitted cardigan, beige trench coat, blue skirt and mustard top are all currently in progress.  The other fabrics were bought the other day.  Actually feeling like I was a bit too conservative and perhaps I should have bought more fabric ... may have to go back while the sale is still on...
I'm trying to put more effort into finishing garments off properly and perfecting something so I'm completely happy with it.  In the past I tried to finish things off quickly so I could move onto the next thing, but now I'm more about the process.  It's the journey, not the destination , as some wise person once said...


1 comment:

  1. If only to get to this point of organizing, I would always have something to wear.

    ReplyDelete