Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Secretarial duties

Tuesday, 20th October 2009
Today did my duty as secretary of the Ladies' Auxiliary at school, so dressed secretary-like. Kind of.
This top is McCalls 4454 view C, but made using pieces of leftover silks I had from previous projects and some velvet ribbon I had bought for something else, but not used. The ripped strips of silk were sewn to a bemsilk facing version of the camisole after draping, pinning and fitting on Bessie, (my faithful dummy) and another lining attached inside to hide the bits and ends.
I really like the combination of grey, purplish grey, and bronzy browns; giving it subtle smoky style, and the soft, shimmery layers of translucent silk are sort of ethereal. The ripped edges form a rebellious and untailored contrast to the pants.
The necklace pendant is also self-made.
Other details;
Pants, Morrison
Shoes; Vicenza, from Soletta shoes

1 comment:

  1. I love what you did with the bits of silk. This is a stunning top!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete