Wednesday, October 21, 2009

How to wear menswear inspired pants

Wednesday, 21st October 2009
Just a quiet day at home, so dressed accordingly. Both pieces I've worn already recently, breaking my rule. But I'm wearing the pants again today since they won't be really dirty from yesterday, although they will be now since I walked the dog in them this morning. Working up a sweat!
And the top is such a favourite I just had to pull it out again. It is one I posted about previously here (Butterick 4985, view A sleeves, view B collar), except today it can be seen more clearly.
And again, I like the contrast of the ripped, shabby, lace-y casualness of this top with its antique type buttons against the very tailored, almost-menswear pants. I think the best way to wear menswear is to have something ultra-feminine along with it.
Oh, and this summer I am really loving Revlon's Blackest Black nail polish for my toenails. I feel so chic and edgy with it! This is such a departure for me, who is usually wearing coral pink or nude tones on my nails. Yeah, for something different!

Other details:
Pants; Morrison

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just writing to say that I'm glad I found your blog, I real like your creations. I'm so impressed with vogue 7303 that i tracked it down on ebay and bought it! Eithne

    ReplyDelete